The Snowy Range Vision Center optometric practice began in 1966 when Dr. James A. Boucher purchased the practice of local optometrist Dr. A. Docter, who had been practicing in Laramie since 1939. The original practice was in the Converse Building on Ivinson Street. In 1967, the 1st National Bank bought the Converse Building. They tore the building down and built a parking lot. Dr. Boucher moved Snowy Range Vision Center to 211 Grand Ave., the Wagner Building. In 1974 Dr. Tom McGarvey, a local dentist and Dr. Boucher built a Dental-Optometry Clinic on the corner of 8th Street and Grand Ave. In 1980 Dr. Sue Lowe joined the practice and became a partner in 1982. Dr. Boucher and Dr. Lowe built the current Snowy Range Vision Center clinic at the corner of Garfield and 30th Street in 1995. In 1997 Dr. Gary Poteet became a partner in the practice. Dr. Amy Aldrich joined the practice in 2015.